- The Captain Tom Foundation (“We”, “Our” or “Us”) are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in this website, captaintom.org (the “Site”), and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws, trade marks and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- Digital files, images, logos, trade marks, photographs, transparencies and negatives (the “Assets”) may be offered or made available to You for the purpose of Reproduction (as defined in paragraph 5 below) but for the avoidance of doubt does not include the actual work of art depicted in any of the aforementioned.
- When You download Assets from the Site, or receive Assets from Us through any other means or mediums You agree to and accept these Terms. All other persons or entities must contact Us for permission to use any of the Assets.
- For the purpose of these Terms, “Reproduction” means any form of publication or copying of the whole or part of any Asset whether altered or not, and derived from any Asset whether by printing, photography, slide projection, xerography, artist’s reference, artist’s illustrations, layout or presentation, electronic or mechanical reproduction or storage by any other means and “Reproduce” and “Reproducing” shall be construed accordingly.
- No part of the Site or the Assets may be copied, downloaded or transmitted by any means save for any Reproduction made in accordance with these Terms.
- You are permitted to use the Assets solely for the following purposes:
a) prior to and during the Event on 30 April 2021 to 3 May 2021, to promote Your participation in the Event; and
b)for a period of one month after the Event to publicise the funds raised for You during the Event.
- The Reproduction by whatever means of the whole or any part of any Asset is strictly forbidden for any Commercial Purpose, unless expressly approved in writing from Us. For the purposes of these Terms, Commercial Purposes include, but are not limited to:
a) merchandising purposes;
c) the sale of goods or services,
in each case whether in connection with the Event or otherwise. In the event of an Asset being used for any such Commercial Purpose without such approval or otherwise than as allowed by these Terms, We reserve the right to seek all applicable remedies including, without limitation, damages and injunctive relief via any method(s) available to Us.
- The Assets must not be used:
in connection with any other activities or events, organised, undertaken and/or promoted by You;
in any other way which suggests any association with Us, the Event and/or any other products, services or brands associated Us or the Event;
in a manner that would lead a reasonable person to believe that We, or any subject depicted in the Asset, personally uses or endorses a product or service, or if the depiction is used in connection with a subject that would be unflattering, embarrassing or unduly controversial to a reasonable person;
in any final products, either printed or electronic, where that Asset is watermarked. You may not remove any watermark from any Asset.
- Reproduction and use of any Assets as permitted herein is subject to the following requirements and restrictions:
a) Assets must not be altered, manipulated, added to, have any part removed, and/or otherwise edited in any way unless express written consent is given by Us.
b) All images must be Reproduced alongside or near a copyright and credit notice, as supplied with the Asset, unless express written consent is given by Us.
c) You may be asked to provide Us with one complimentary copy or link to any publication in which there is a Reproduction of an Asset downloaded from the Site.
d) For any editorial uses, You may not Reproduce any Assets from the Site for any negative articles related to Us and/or the Event. These requirements are without prejudice to Your obligations regarding use of Assets contained elsewhere throughout these Terms.
e) You must adhere to any stipulations or restrictions which are detailed in preview captions or attached to downloaded Assets (in the metadata fields).
- Except as expressly provided herein, the Site (or any derivative version of it), its contents and any member or account information may not in any form or by any means now known or hereafter developed be Reproduced, displayed, downloaded, uploaded, published, repurposed, posted, distributed, transmitted, resold, or otherwise exploited for any Commercial Purpose without Our prior express written consent.
- All rights not expressly granted under these Terms, including ownership and title, are reserved for Us and/or the relevant owner and not transferred or licensed to You.
- We give no warranties as to the use of logos, names, trade marks, copyright, designs, works of art, works of architecture, and/or the names and/or likenesses of any people depicted in the Assets. You represent and warrant that You will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and trade mark laws.
- By downloading Assets, You are given a limited licence in respect of Reproduction detailed herein that is personal to You. You hereby agree that You shall not assign, license and/or otherwise transfer any such rights to any third party, save for the sole purpose of Reproduction on Your behalf and You shall procure that any third party involved in the Reproduction of any Asset on Your behalf complies fully with these Terms and You shall be liable to Us for any actions of any such third party which are in breach of or otherwise inconsistent with these Terms.
- If You print off, copy or download any part of the Site in breach of these Terms, Your right to use the Site will cease immediately and You must, at Our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials You have made.
- “CAPTAIN TOM”, “CAPTAIN TOM MOORE”, “CAPTAIN SIR TOM”, “SIR TOM MOORE”, “WALK WITH TOM” and “TOMORROW WILL BE A GOOD DAY” are registered trade marks used by Us under licence. “CAPTAIN TOM 100” and “THE CAPTAIN TOM FOUNDATION” are unregistered trade marks, owned and used by us under licence.
- The use of any of the trade marks identified in paragraph 16 (or any other intellectual property rights concerning the Event, Us or our licensors) other than as permitted in these Terms, without Our express prior written consent (or that of our licensors), is strictly forbidden.
Wording for Clause 10(b) Copyright and Credit Notice:
The name CAPTAIN TOM 100 and this copyright content is being used under licence from The Captain Tom Foundation.
Cookies and privacy
Studio Republic Agency Limited has a duty to keep your data secure so you can have confidence when accessing the information we publish about fundraising.
We have developed this policy to help you understand what we do with your data and how you can exercise your rights.
This policy applies to: www.captaintom100.com
This policy is published in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 and with the Data Protection Act 1998.
This policy applies to all pages hosted on this site and other services Studio Republic runs. It does not apply to other organisations we may direct you to from this site whose privacy policies may differ.
From May 2018 you have enhanced rights over how your personal data is held, processed and stored, and Studio Republic is committed to upholding and meeting these. They include the requirements that data be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up-to-date
- Retained only for as long as necessary
- Processed in an appropriate manner to maintain security.
1. How your data is collected
1.1 Who collects your data
Studio Republic is responsible for all collection of your data on this site.
1.2 What data Studio Republic collects
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation;
information that you provide to us by submitting any form on our website;
any other necessary information that you choose to send to us with legitimate purpose.
The data we typically gather for sending you content is your email address, name, organisation name (where relevant) and the type of updates you wish to receive.
1.3 What data Studio Republic does not collect
We will not process or hold any special category data, including:
- Ethnic origin;
- Political opinions;
- Philosophical beliefs;
- Trade union membership;
- Genetic data, for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person;
- Bio-metric data, for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person;
- Health data;
- Concerning a natural person’s sex life;
- Sexual orientation.
We will also not process or hold any data irrelevant to the purposes of doing business with you.
Our site features links to third parties.
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded onto your computer (or your mobile phone) from websites that you visit. Cookies contain information that allows websites to recognise that you have used the site before.
We use three kinds of cookies:
These cookies are needed for you to move around this website and use its features. Without them, some services can’t work.
These cookies tell us about how visitors use our website, for instance which pages are visited most often, and whether visitors get error messages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies visitors – all information is aggregated and anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
These cookies provide more personal features, like recording previous choices you have made. These include recording your previous visits the website, so that you don’t see messages for new visitors.
The information these cookies collect is anonymised and does not track your browsing activity on other websites.
We use Google Analytics to provide insight into how visitors find and use our web pages so that we can evaluate and produce better content. You can opt out of this if you wish.
All browsers allow you to control which cookies you accept and which you delete. You will usually find these settings under the ‘Preferences’ or ‘Tools’ menu of your browser. For more information about cookies, please see allaboutcookies.org or the Information Commissioner’s Office.
2. How your data is kept secure
2.1 What Studio Republic does to keep your data secure
Studio Republic uses industry-standard tools, such as firewalls and Secure Socket Layers, to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. We make every effort to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
For example, the link between your web browser and our server is secure if your web browser displays a small padlock or key symbol somewhere in the frame, or the address bar shows a web address beginning https:// (rather than http://).
We endeavour to keep all individuals’ data inside the European Economic Area (EEA) and ensure that any time data is transferred outside the EEA exactly the same provisions on data security and processing are applied.
2.2 Who has access to your data
Studio Republic has never and will never sell your data to any other organisation.
Nor does it shares or swaps your data with another organisation.
Within Studio Republic, only those authorised to process your data can access your data. We ensure we understand data protection and what we need to do to keep your data secure.
3. How we use your data
Studio Republic uses your data in a variety of ways which include the following:
- Providing you with information or services that you have requested from us.
- Processing registrations news and information updates via e.g. email.
- Responding to any enquiries or complaints from you.
In order to do some of these tasks we may build up a record of you based on the interactions you have had with Studio Republic. Such profiling may include details of your past engagement with Studio Republic e.g how often you open emails from us, and how often you visit the website from links on our emails.
3.1 How long we retain data
Studio Republic retains data for the minimum amount of time necessary to run our site in accordance with individual users’ choices.
4. How Studio Republic will communicate with you
We only ever send communications, including marketing communications about our services, consultancy, events and courses, via email. We have only ever gathered email addresses and personal data with explicit opt-in consent, with a double opt-in stage to ensure that we genuinely have an individual’s consent.
To respond to your queries we will typically contact you via the medium you used to contact us or by a medium you have indicated you would like us to respond with. If we need to contact you for any administrative purposes then we will usually email you depending on what contact details we have available for you.
4.1 How you can affect the way Studio Republic communicates with you
You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time through the unsubscribe link at the end of all our emails.
You can change the type of updates and news alerts you receive from us by clicking on the ‘update preferences’ link at the end of all our emails. Any difficulties? We’ll be happy to sort it out manually: contact us via
Studio Republic 10 Charlecote Mews, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 8SR
You can request a copy of the personal data we may hold relating to you, and the purposes for which we are using it. This is known as a Subject Access Request.
5. How to find out more or make a complaint
You have a right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you, which Studio Republic will supply to you within one month. Studio Republic will ask for proof of identity to ensure we do not disclose personal data to the wrong people.
If you have any specific questions about how Studio Republic processes your data which are not answered here or you would like to make a complaint about how we have managed your data then please either write or email us via the details below.
Studio Republic 10 Charlecote Mews, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 8SR
If you are not satisfied with our response to your enquiry then you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office directly via the details on their website.
6. Changes to this policy
We review our policy on gathering, using and retaining personal data regularly, at least annually, and when we add or use new services or those of third parties.
Last updated: 14th April 2020
Studio Republic is the trading name and registered trademark of Tin Roof Images Limited registered in England and Wales. Registered number 5282012. Registered office address - 10 Charlecote Mews, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 8SR